This FREE, family-friendly event will feature:
* Sidewalk sales and promotions offered by Bloorcourt businesses
* A marketplace of “arts & crafts”, “green” and “creative” living vendors
* A live amateur wrestling match for the “1st annual Bloorcourt Cup” at 3:00pm, on the north side of Concord Avenue , produced by Fight! Brand
* Two performance areas, one at Westmoreland & Bloor and the other at Roxton & Bloor
* Extended outdoor patios at local bars and restaurants until 10pm
* A children’s games and ride area all day long
* Children’s activities organized by The Children’s Storefront:
The Brothers Leung
“Meet local Toronto creators, The Brothers Leung, for a reading of their new picture book: The Pirate Girl’s Treasure – An Origami Adventure.
This will be followed by an interactive origami workshop.
Hands-on fun for the whole family!”
Singer / Songwriter, Abigail Lapell
“Drawing from a deep well of folk, indie and traditional influences, Abigail Lapell has made music her whole life. The Toronto singer has won over audiences of all musical stripes with her contagious melodies, evocative lyrics and heart-stopping voice—a combination that draws comparisons to early Cat Power, Sandy Denny or a stormier Nathalie Merchant.”
Singer / Songwriter, Howard Buckstein
Howard writes and records music for kids and adults. His albums have aired on the CBC and college radio across Canada and the US. Rich Terfry of CBC Radio introduced his music by saying “He searches for words at the bottom of wells”. Howard’s album for kids, Disgustifying, is available at itunes.
11am-4pm – Show times throughout the day!
“Oparty Party Show” by Busker Performer, Opar
Come enjoy Opar hammer a nail up his nose, twist fanciful balloons, contort himself through a tennis racquet, swallow swords, & juggle machetes & fire!!
* Plus much more!